Editorial Committee Member, AntiTHESIS Journal.
June 2015–October 2015
- Promoted the submission deadline via social media and flyers.
- Read, accepted and rejected submissions, providing feedback.
- Liaised with author via email to structurally edit their piece.
- Developed a brief for a designer.
- Copyedited and proofread content.
- Managed the Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Organised and promoted the launch event.
Critics’ Campus, Melbourne International Film Festival
- Was selected to be part of a group of eight emerging critics from Australia-wide applicants to undertake a film criticism mentorship
- Workshopped capsule and short reviews with an established critic which were published on The Age and MIFF websites
- Pitched and developed a long-form piece the MIFF website
- Pitched a piece to Spook, which was published in co-ordination with MIFF that included an interview I conducted with director Maya Newell (Gayby Baby).
- Live-tweeted a Talking Pictures event with director Benny Safdie
Columnist, Spook Magazine
April 2015–September 2015
- Wrote a monthly column on the topics of sex, gender and feminism from a highly personal, immersive perspective
- Completed interviews and research for content
- Liaised with an editor to maintain a high standard for published work
Intern, Meanjin Quarterly
December 2014 – July 2015.
- Proofread and copy-edited content for website
- Uploaded content to website using CMS system
- Sourced and edited images for website using Photoshop to Australian Copyright standards
- As part of the Meanjin archives project, I commissioned, edited and published a series of pieces responding to past publications
Editor, Judy’s Punch
- Chose and implemented design specifications using InDesign and Photoshop
- Sourced images for publication using Creative Commons
- Proofread and copy-edited content
- Liaised with authors, providing editorial feedback and comments
Paid Intern, Film Never Die
June 2013–December 2013
- Wrote and published multiple blogs for website, utilising basic HTML and CSS
- Copy-edited online listings
- Produced content for website and editing online content
- Assisted in maintaining social media presence through platforms such as Facebook
Intern, The Lifted Brow
September 2013–December 2013
- Proof-read magazine content
- Formulated and implemented fundraising strategies
Editor in Chief, Grilling Me Softly
- Managed all content using WordPress platform.
- Took and edited analog photos
- Wrote long-form interviews
- Proof-read and copy-edited all content.
Masters of Creative Writing, Editing and Publishing, University of Melbourne.
(N.B: Dorky Grad Photo 3.0 Currently Under Construction)
Bachelor of Arts (Honours in English) University of Melbourne
Major: English and Theatre Studies
Thesis Title: Between Liminality and the Liminoid: The Continuum of Cultural Resistance in the Performances of Andy Kaufman
Thesis Mark: High Distinction
Course Average: High Distinction
Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) University of Melbourne
Overall Average: High Distinction
Study Abroad: McGill University, September 2009-April 2010
Scholarships: Melbourne Global Mobility Scholarship, U21 Scholarship